20 People Charged In DeSantis’ Investigation Into Alleged Voter Fraud – Says It’s The ‘Opening Salvo’

1926
Gage Skidmore https://commons.wikimedia.org

On Thursday, Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis confirmed that his newly-created “Florida Office of Election Crimes and Security” had charged 20 people with voter fraud.

DeSantis said the 20 people charged had been convicted of murder or sexual offenses, which prohibits them from voting. This effort is part of an ongoing investigation into the 2020 election integrity.

DeSantis said, “Our new election crimes office has sprung into action to hold individuals accountable for voter fraud. Today’s actions send a clear signal to those who are thinking about ballot harvesting or fraudulently voting. If you commit an elections crime, you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

DeSantis went on to warn that this is the “opening salvo,” and promised, “there will be more that happen.” DeSantis said, “It’s not just going to be 20 arrests — this is the opening salvo of an office that was just set up on July 1. This is the first step. There will be more that happen over the weeks and months. And hopefully, there’s not a lot of cases that need to be prosecuted for 2022.”

He went on to say, “There are investigations ongoing into people that have voted in two different jurisdictions, and I imagine you are going to see prosecutions on that. We also have folks who are voting who are illegal aliens.”