Shock: Users On Twitter Vote For Musk To Step Down – ‘I Will Abide by The Results Of This Poll’


On Sunday afternoon, Twitter CEO Elon Musk released a poll asking users if he would step down from leading the company saying, “I will abide by the results of this poll.”

After over seventeen million votes, 57.5% said he should step down. The other 42.5% said Musk should remain.

Responding to the results of the poll, Musk said, “As the saying goes, be careful what you wish, as you might get it.”

The poll followed controversy regarding major policy changes Musk enacted. The company previously released a statement saying they were suspending accounts whose sole-purpose if to promote competing social media platforms.

The statement said, “We recognize that many of our users are active on other social media platforms. However, we will no longer allow free promotion of certain social media platforms on Twitter. Specifically, we will remove accounts created solely for the purpose of promoting other social platforms and content that contains links or usernames for the following platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Mastodon, Truth Social, Tribel, Nostr and Post.”

Musk clarified this decision after anger erupted online, which caused an additional level of confusion. He said, “Policy will be adjusted to suspending accounts only when that account’s *primary* purpose is promotion of competitors, which essentially falls under the no spam rule.”

No word has been released officially stating a change in Musk’s position at Twitter. However, he tweeted on Sunday, Those who want power are the ones who least deserve it.”